WHAT IS SEROTONIN SURGE?
Serotonin Surge Charities is an all volunteer public benefit 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
It was founded in 1999 to raise money for health care related causes in the Sacramento region.
“Serotonin is the ‘good feeling’ brain chemical, and we want people to feel great about using their time, talents, and wealth to help others in need,” says Dr. John Chuck, founder and CEO. “We are always looking for newer and better ways to leverage volunteerism and collaboration to make this world a better place to live.”
To date, we have raised over $4 million for our recipient organizations through golf tournaments; food, wine, and fashion show extravaganzas; and most recently a 5/10K Race for the Clinics.
In the future, we would like to expand our menu of fundraising events, increase our opportunities for volunteers, and offer internships for people interested in making a positive difference in their communities.
John Chuck, M.D.
Founder and CEO of Serotonin Surge Charities; Family Physician, The Permanente Medical Group.
To leverage volunteerism and collaboration to promote health, wellness and benevolence in the Sacramento region.
OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- John Chuck, founder and CEO. John is a family physician with The Permanente Medical Group and a U.C Davis Foundation Trustee Emeritus.
- David Cosca, M.D., Yorba Wines
- Clayton Tanaka, Esq., Professor, U.C. Davis School of Law
- Brad Crutchfield, Chief Commericial Officer, 10X Genomics
- William McGowan, CFO Emeritus, U.C. Davis Health
- Tom Nesbitt, Associate Vice-Chancellor for Strategic Technologies and Alliances, U.C. Davis
- Lesli Chuck, event coordinator for Serotonin Surge and community volunteer
RECOGNITION & AWARDS
- Charles J. Soderquist Award, U.C. Davis Foundation
- U.C. Davis Alumni Association
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, California Capital Chapter
- Kaiser Permanente David Lawrence Comunity Service Award
- U.C. Davis Medical Alumni Association
- Sacramento Sierra Valley Medical Society
- Kaiser Permanente Asian Association